Minesweeper X Overview
Minesweeper X can be described as a "Minesweeper Clone". I have attempted to recreate the original as much as possible, while adding in extra features that some players may find useful, especially minesweeper experts. Everything found in the original game is also available in Minesweeper X. Some of the additional features included in Minesweeper X are:
- Uses your system's high-resolution counter for accurate timing, recorded to hundredths of a second.
- No board size limitations. (You are only limited by the size of your screen.) Number of mines can range from 0 to 99% of the board.
- Videos can be recorded and played back at a later date. Videos are encrypted.
- A statistics window records the number of clicks you make during a game. When the game has finished, it displays the board's 3BV, along with the amount of 3BV solved and the estimated finishing time with current 3BV speed.
- Can save a record of your game in several different formats: Recording (mvr), Bitmap (bmp), Minesweeper Board File (mbf) and Minesweeper Reader Board (mrb).
- As well, can save statistics of your games to a text file, which can then be loaded into a spreadsheet program for analysis.
- Auto-save options to automatically save recordings or statistics.
- An optional shutdown timer so that you won't lose track of time.
- Play with either the Windows XP or Windows 98 skin.
- Create your own skins in an easily editable bitmap and play Minesweeper with them.
- Minesweeper X is a small program, and quite fast as well, even when playing on large board sizes!
Complete description of the menu options:
From the original Minesweeper's help file:
The Object of Minesweeper
Strategies and tips
About Minesweeper X
Minesweeper X website:
© 2003–2017 Curtis Bright